HR Managers, Directors, Wellness Coordinators
We’re doing a happy dance!
We’re so glad you’re interested in learning more about Wellness in the Workplace with Qigong and Tai Chi.
Our innovative program can help you meet your company’s or organization’s wellness goals — as well as help your team and membership manage stress, achieve and maintain better health, and feel more positive, productive, and focused.
“Proven to lower blood pressure, reduce negative effects of stress, improve immunity and reduce chronic pain.”
So what is Qigong?
We like to say that Qigong is a simple practice that delivers profound results.
It’s the ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine practice that is the foundation for acupuncture.
Qigong (pronounced “Chi-gung”) uses simple physical movements, breath work, and guided meditation to promote greater relaxation, sharper focus, and better physical health. The moves are low-impact, simple, and adaptable, making Qigong accessible and doable for people of any age and any level of physical health.
Qigong, like yoga and Tai Chi, is a practice. That means that people see the greatest benefits from Qigong when they make it a habit. The health and wellness advantages accumulate over time.
We are committed to supporting our members in their journeys to greater health. That’s why we created the Qi Club.
What is Wellness in the Workplace?
Through our Wellness in the Workplace program, your staff and members get anytime access to The Qi Club, an interactive, online class platform, resource library, and community designed to bring participants vibrant health, positive support, less stress, and more relaxation.
It’s an on-demand gateway to peace of mind!
The idea for this membership came about during the 2020 pandemic when our regular public classes were moved onto the web.
For about three months, we offered free classes as our way of giving back and to help people cope with the drastically changing environment.
Once we all began adjusting to “the new normal,” we felt it was time to put some skin in the game. That’s when the Qi Club was born.
As active members of the Qi Club through our Wellness in the Workplace program, your staff and members will become
part of a positive, conscious community — during a time when so many people are isolated.
How do classes work?
Classes are held online. We meet on Zoom, Monday through Thursday at 8 AM Pacific time. Each class is a half hour long.
Why real time classes?
Because participating live, even online, isn’t the same as watching a recording. The energy is different. Moving in unison with other people around the world, even if you’re not in the same room, is powerful and magnetic. There’s a great positive vibe.
It’s also a whole lot of fun!
Classes are interactive. Qi Clubbers have the chance to ask questions via chat at any time during class. Many times we are able to pivot on the fly to help members with issues they’re experiencing right now.
Every class is fun and different. Still, if someone can’t make the live classes, the recordings will be posted and made available later that day. Also, they will have access to exclusive videos that are only available on the membership site — like our monthly members-only vlog and the very first 7-Day Qi Challenge.
Participants can practice anytime it’s convenient for them. Recordings are available for up one week after each class, so your employees or members can join in whenever it suits their schedules.
Qi Club members also get answers to their health-related questions live on the Zoom chats, as well as on our “Frequently Asked Questions” tab, and/or by emailing us directly. A personal response is a valuable, exclusive benefit offered only to our Qi Club members.
New classes will be added in as time goes on. Enjoy Qi Revitalizer with Chris, Stretch and release with Parisa, and others by our certified teachers and guest instructors.
Are Qigong and Tai Chi proven to get results?
Lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
The National Libary on Medicine found that Tai Chi is an excellent alternative exercise program for patients with cardiovascular diseases and has benefits for patients with Coronary heart disease.
Pubmed article (PMID: 18487898)
Reduce the negative effects of stress.
In 2014, a study in the International Journal of Behavioral Medicine found that Tai Chi interventions have beneficial effects for various populations on a range of psychological well-being measures, including depression, anxiety, general stress management and exercise self-efficacy.
Pubmed article (PMID: 24078491)
Improve immunity and provide cancer protection.
On a study of 592 cancer patients, the Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University in China found Qigong and Tai Chi among the most effective significantly helped reduce fatigue, improved immune function and lowered cortisol level in the majority of patient treatments.
Pubmed article (PMID: 24559833)
Reduce chronic pain.
“Not only does Qigong and Tai Chi help to lower blood pressure and reduce stress, it also helps alleviate chronic pain.”
A study of treating degenerative joint diseases such as osteoarthritis and joint pain by the Peninsula Medical School in 2008 found significant pain reduction in patients practicing Tai Chi compared to routine treatment. Researchers also found some evidence of improvement of physical functions and activities of daily living in the Tai Chi group.
How long does it take to see results?
Obviously, everyone is different. However, these are the patterns we regularly see, and what our members report:
- On day one, Qi Clubbers get familiar with the live classes or catch the daily replay. They will immediately feel more calm and relaxed. By day four, they’re often aware of previously blocked emotions. They’ve started on their journey of self-discovery and healing.
- After one week of daily classes, members report feelings of physical and mental relief, less stress, and a better mood.
- After 2 weeks, participants often begin to feel more energy.
- And after 3 weeks, we have reports of increased mental clarity and confidence.
- One month of regularly attending classes in the Qi Club works wonders for members’ sense of health and well being.
By spending 30 minutes a day for the next 30 days, members experience the positive impact Qigong and Tai Chi (with some yoga thrown in) can have in their lives. They will have boosted their tolerance for challenge — stressing less and loving life more!
But don’t take our word for it. See what some of our members have to say.
What Other’s Are Saying
Eric Fleishman (aka Eric the Trainer)
Host, A&E TV’s fitness-and-nutrition series “Celebrity Sweat”
Chris’ genuine care for those suffering in pain and discomfort makes a real difference in people’s lives. His unwavering conviction and ability to increase the quality of people’s lives puts him in a league of selfless individuals rarely spotted in normal life.
Former pro football player, US Olympian, and Heisman Trophy winner
I was introduced to Chris Shelton while I was getting ready for my Professional début in MMA. I had severely injured my big toe which made it challenging to walk or put pressure on and as a result interfered with my training. After three sessions with Chris the pain was completely gone and I was back to my normal training regimen!
SMASH Gyms Fight Team
Chris Shelton is proud to be the official Chinese medicine practitioner, healer, and go-to-guy for Cung Le and the SMASH Gyms Fight Team.
American journalist, author, former First Lady of California
Chris has worked with me and my family for a number of years. Based on my positive experience with Chris as a healthcare professional and master healer, I invited Chris to introduce Qigong to the 2015 Special Olympics World Games. He hosted a series of onsite Qigong workshops focused on helping athletes and their families decrease stress while increasing focus and performance. Chris is also one of my “architects of change” and a master healer featured regularly on my website MariaShriver.com.
Meet your Qi guides, Chris and Parisa Shelton
Chris and Parisa are a dynamic-duo husband and wife team who have dedicated their lives to the vision of improving the consciousness of all people.
We are on a mission to blend ancient and modern healing modalities in ways that are practical, accessible and obtainable to people just like you!
We love living and working together, but drive separately to the office.
Chris Shelton’s motto is “If I can do it, you can too!”
Chris Shelton has dedicated his life to boosting health, happiness and healing transformations.
Over 30 years ago, Qigong saved his life.
A survivor of abuse and neglect and a former drug addict, Chris turned his life around to become a successful martial artist, Tai Chi and Qigong instructor, and renowned healer.
As a teenager, Chris suffered a devastating back injury that left him in constant pain and nearly crippled. In a 10-year period, he went from barely able to get out of bed to achieving great professional success and personal fulfillment.
Chris attributes his full recovery to Qigong, a holistic approach perfect for people who want non-invasive, affordable, and empowering healthcare.
He’s helped thousands of people across the United States and around the world reclaim their health and enjoy lives free from chronic pain. Chris has worked with Special Olympics teams, professional athletes, and celebrities looking for deeper meaning in their lives.
Chris’ work has appeared in newspapers and magazines and been featured on radio and television. He is founder of Morning Crane Healing Arts Center in San Jose and Los Angeles, California, and the author of Qigong for Self-Refinement. He’s also the producer of the award-winning YouTube channel @ChrisSheltonQigong and lead instructor for Qigong Teacher Training.com.
A glimmer of light and positivity, Parisa is dedicated to spreading love and being of service.
Parisa is a first-generation daughter of two physicists who grew up in Silicon Valley at the peak of the technological revolution. She’s a Yogi, Qigong instructor, and practitioner of the energy arts.
She brings five years as a sales manager for a high-tech semiconductor manufacturing company and a BA in environmental studies to her daily work, which includes owning and operating Morning Crane Healing Arts Center in San Jose and Los Angeles, California, Qigong Teacher Training (QTT), and The Qi Club, an online subscription platform that offers inspiration, hope and satisfaction.
Parisa’s humor and magnetic personality allows her to bring peace even in heavy situations, and to relate to people from all walks of life.
Parisa’s path to the healing arts began at UC Santa Cruz in 1999 when she was first introduced to Reiki. Since then she has been certified as a Pilates instructor and Qigong instructor, as well as received her California Massage Therapist certificate, although she is not certified in yoga, Parisa has thousands of hours of self-study and class participation since she was first introduced to yoga in 2004.
In 2010, Parisa teamed up with her now-husband and renowned healer Chris Shelton. Together they are on a mission to blend ancient and modern healing modalities in ways that are practical, accessible and obtainable.
In 2016, they created Qigong Teacher Training. Focusing on the foundations and fundamentals of Qigong, Chinese Medicine and 5 Element Theory, this course gives you the tools to take care of yourself as well as those around you.
In 2020, The Qi Club was created in response to the global pandemic. The focus of The Qi Club is to empower members to release fear and worry and to access peace, joy and a renewed zest for Life.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’re betting you have questions! (Everyone does, at first. That’s good!)
So let’s dive into the most common things our clients typically ask before they join.
- Q1: Will Qigong help people who are… out of shape? In great shape? Old? Young? Recovering from surgery or a serious injury or disease? Want to prevent surgery, injury, or illness? Just want amazing health? Yes! To all the above. Here’s the deal. Truly, anyone and everyone can benefit from practicing Qigong. That’s because all the exercises can be modified. Participants can do them standing, sitting, or even lying down. The meditations and exercises will certainly give their Qi (life force energy) a workout, but they will finish feeling revitalized and refreshed rather than strained or exhausted. Each day of practice should bring greater and more significant benefits, gradually refining their health and vitality — relieving pain and helping them to be their absolute best selves, no matter where they start.
- Q2: Do members need special training, clothes, and gear? Not at all! Qigong moves are easy to learn and practice, and require no special training. Participants can come as they are. They don’t need a mat, loads of space, or expensive equipment. They don’t have to wear fancy silk pajamas or a cloak. Participants wear anything that’s comfortable. Do it indoors. Do it outdoors. Do it anytime. They can be themselves, relax, and have fun with it.
- Q3: Can something so simple really have a profound effect on life and health?Yes! To our Western minds, it seems incredible that these simple movements and meditations can have such profound effects. No surgery? No drugs? But it’s true. All members need is 30 minutes a day, and in a couple weeks they can begin to notice this healing for themselves. Qigong has been scientifically proven to reduce stress and depression, ease chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue, lower blood pressure and increase heart health, and boost the immune system, among other benefits. We also have loads of personal stories from happy clients, attesting to its effectiveness. With all this going for it, can you really afford not to let your staff or members give Qigong a try?
- Q4: So is Qigong like yoga? Can (or should) people do both? Great question! Qigong is similar to yoga in that it’s a physical and spiritual practice, but it’s different in some important ways. The movements in general are less challenging and more meditative while yoga requires more strength, flexibility, and balance. Does that mean Qigong isn’t challenging? Not at all! The focus is just different.
Members will be identifying and clearing the emotional blocks that are keeping them from achieving their best health. That means Qigong will help them be the best they can be, whether they do yoga or Crossfit, walking or weightlifting, boxing or basketball. And one of the coolest things about Qigong is that it’s not a belief system — meaning, you do not have to believe in it for it to work! If anyone has a hard time accepting the concept of Qi or the theories about how it works, then they can (just as Chris did in the beginning) ignore it all! They’ll do the exercises and see for themselves.
- Q5: What’s so special about Shelton Qigong? We have over 50 years of cumulative experience working in the health and healing industries. We’ve witnessed countless healing transformations for all types of people (and animals!) — including people of all shapes, sizes, and ages. Our clients come with different conditions and from different circumstances. We’ve helped them become pain-free using simple Qigong services that are so easy to learn and inexpensive, we seriously don’t know why more people don’t do it! As a result, we make Qigong fun and accessible. We don’t use complicated jargon and we keep our tone light. Healing is serious stuff, but laughter, smiles, and positivity are always the best medicines.
- Q6: What if members can’t make it to live classes? No problem! Recordings will be posted and made available later that day. Participants can practice anytime it’s convenient. Recordings are available for up one week after each class so they never have to miss a day. Also, they’ll have anytime access to exclusive videos — like our monthly members-only vlog and the 7 Day Qi Challenge — so there are always lots of options to choose from.
- Q7: How does Qigong help people live their best lives? Are there other benefits I should know about?One of the greatest benefits of Qigong is that practitioners gradually can become their own superior doctors. Doing these practices will put them in touch with their body in subtle ways. Members will develop sensitivity to both the emotional and physical conditions in their bodies. The whole idea is that eventually, they will be able to detect disease before it sets in. They will know the first signs of imbalance because Qigong teaches people how to listen to their internal wisdom.
- Q8: Sounds great! Is there more? Yes, there is…
Additional bonuses for Wellness in the Workplace members
In addition to belonging to an awesome community of like-minded individuals, Wellness in the Workplace/Qi Club members also get:
- Anytime access to the 7-Day Qi challenge, which will introduce them to Qigong, teach the main exercises, and start them on their way to amazing health.
- Responses to health-related questions through live chat (during class) and over email.
- An exclusive members-only monthly vlog, including tips and inspiration.
- First dibs on registration for live classes and workshops.
- Access to our Frequently Asked Questions page, when they want info and support outside our regular business hours.
What’s the next step?
Then talk to us and bring your questions!
You will receive an email confirming your scheduled consultation call, with contact info.
In the meantime, feel free to reach out to us at <email@example.com> and let us know if we can help in any way.
We at Shelton Qigong are excited to help your company or organization achieve better health, happiness, and healing transformations