Ring, Ring, Ring – it’s your body calling. 📲
If you’re feeling anything less than happy and healthy, your body is talking to you.
And as the proverb goes, “the quieter you are, the more you can hear.”
Chronic pain is the body’s way of saying something is wrong, blocked, or out-of-balance. ☯️ And when pain is constant, we start to think the discomfort is “normal.”
BUT IT’S NOT.
The cool thing about Chinese medicine is that after thousands of years of study, we recognize which emotions affect the internal organs and how blocked emotions create pain and disease.
Think of your emotions as a barometer for indicating what’s going on with you.
Cortisone shots and prescriptions drugs can be helpful to temporarily alleviate pain, however, this type of treatment does not get to the root of the issue.
Here are some simple and natural tools to alleviate chronic pain, while boosting health and happiness:
- Scan your body first thing in the morning – Try our center and balance meditation as I talk you though all the layers of the body.
- Gratitude list – Create a list of 10 things you’re grateful for. Focusing on what you’re grateful for will create more goodness in your life.
- Journal – If you do suffer from chronic pain, journaling is a great way of uncovering and discovering your true feelings, which helps to release inflammation inside your body.
- Qigong practices – Qigong is a wonderful method to alleviate dysfunction in the internal organs, and release emotional blockages that show up as inflammation and disease.
- Diet – Pay attention to the foods you eat. Diet plays a big roll in how we feel. Avoid too much sugar, processed foods and cold/raw food and drink.
- Don’t identify with the condition. – If you have an immune disorder diagnosis like fibromyalgia or lyme disease, be very careful how you communicate the condition. Avoid saying things like “my fibromyalgia” or “my lyme disease.“ Instead say “I have a minor condition that I’ve rectified.”
If you are suffering from chronic pain, I urge you to see a healthcare provider who is educated in the schools of physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
You deserve a great life and it is our intention to empower you to be the best person you can be. Watch this week’s video for more information about listening to your body.
Focus on the solution, rather than the problem. There is an answer.
(*In case you didn’t know Qi = life-force-energy)