The Heel Drop is one of the three Body Awakening Exercises.
- Begin by assuming the Wu Ji posture, and remembering the Three Regulations.
- Following Tossing a Stone practice
- Begin lightly bouncing on the balls of your feet.
- As you bounce, mentally visit each major joint of your body and release any tension there. Picture the tension descending down and out of the body. Start with your ankles, then move up to knees, then hips, and end at the heart center. Then go to fingers, and travel up the arms, through wrists, elbows, and shoulders, ending at the neck.
- Stop bouncing. Imagine gold light rising through your body.
- Rise up on the balls of your feet, inhale, pulling the light up to and beyond the top of your head. Then, suddenly, sharply drop on your heels, releasing all tension into the earth.
- Repeat this 3-9 times.
- End by Pulling Down the Heavens three times.
Here is a short video clip on how to do The Heel Drop: